09 December 2005

Another interesting site: Asperger's Conversations

It never ceases to amaze me what you can find on the Web, in all areas of interest. Obviously in this blog, the information I find and discuss is related to autism. On that note I'd like to introduce you to Asperger's Conversations: Weekly audio posts by Larry Welkowitz, Ph.D.

I've not had a chance to go through it in detail, but one particularly interesting post to me was a discussion Dr. Welkowitz recorded with his class on the subject Counseling Asperger's and High Functioning Autism: Philosophical Dilemmas:

You be the judge, but I thought that these students (mostly educators, school counselors, and parents) were wary of models that pathologized children with AS/HFA and were moderately skeptical about the role of pharmacology. They were concerned about medication side effects and expressed concerns about superficial understanding of the complexity of these individuals.
I'm looking forward to going through the whole site in more detail.

tagged as: , , ,

No comments: